Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Scary and Spicy 29 of 31 #sol16

His legs and up and down and his energy is sky high and all over the place.
I lay down on his bed with Cinderella in my hands, ready to read a bedtime story and snuggle him to sleep.
"Is this one scary, Mom?" he asks with hope glimmering in his little blue eyes.
"No, this one is not. It does have a mean stepmother though."
"Oh."
As I start to read, I can tell he is still lost in thought, not yet listening to the story.

"Mom...."
"Yes bud?"
"I like scary. I like scary & spicy!"
"Oh, ok bud. Scary and spicy. Got it." I couldn't help but let out a little giggle.
"So, do you want to go in the Ghost House at Disneyland?"
"No...I don't like ghosts."
"Ok. What about the Pirates of the Caribbean?"
"No, I don't think so."
"Ok, bud. That's fine. No worries. We can go on those another time."

I turned back to the pages of Cinderella, feeling even more giddy than he is about our upcoming Disney trip!

Five more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What inspires you? What annoys you? What gets under your skin? Let's converse here...it all begins with a comment.