Monday, August 20, 2012

Winding Down the Pressure

Now that we are moved into the new master bedroom and bathroom, the pressure to get this remodel done has been released a bit. We had planned on painting the nursery on Saturday, but it felt so good just lying in bed and being lazy. We know that our lazy days are extremely numbered, with Micah due in only three weeks, so we decided to take advantage of a lazy day. That meant that instead of trying to paint the nursery and do other remodel odds and ends, we only did odds and ends (making a dump run, finding a good bedroom door (it's on order), texturing the nursery walls, and picking up our new glider chair).

It was a very enjoyable (and cooler weather!) weekend. I saw RENT at the Fifth Avenue Theater (my fifth time seeing the play! Can you tell it is my favorite?), we had the best steak tacos at our friend Mike's place Saturday night, and we got to babysit for Jon & Julia's adorable baby, Kaiden most of the day Sunday. Let's not forget that we got lots of quality time with our little Charlie dog, who I am sure will be in attention withdrawal once Micah is around.

Pregnancy wise, things are going great. Everything is normal and I am still feeling great. I have just been very focused on work and getting my class ready. My long term sub, Jodi, has been wonderful already and volunteered at our Camp Kindergarten last week. We had a great group of students and hopefully it will ease my transition back to work in January. My hope it that Micah will be on time or a bit late so that I can squeeze in the first week of work, but we are basically ready for him if he does make an early arrival.

our current bounty from this year's garden

My pinterest projects for school

Hanging out with Skyler before she moves to Oregon!

Phil textured the walls in the nursery to be

Our new comfy chair for the nursery! I foresee lots of feedings, story times, and naps in that thing!

1 comment:

  1. Life is good at the Vrbas home and will only get better with the arrival of Micah Howard Vrbas.

    We are very excited about being with you for cousin Julien's big weekend. I promise to take Charlie for long walks........

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Give me some blog love! What did you think while reading this post? Leave a comment here!