Monday, August 6, 2012

Hydrangeas and all that good remodel stuff

I've noticed that hydrangeas are quiet the popular thing to blog about, so I've included my own photo here for you of our beautiful hydrangeas, that I finally this year brought into the house for a centerpiece and they do brighten up the inside of this crazy place!
Lots of other good things have been happening around here lately. Phil has made such great progress on a lot of "little" projects. We now have a shower head and handle in the master shower, a toilet in the master bedroom (a water saving dual flusher!), electrical outlets on the exterior of the house, installed pendant lights over the island, and added two coats of taping and mudding in the nursery to be.
Getting that nursery in shape

Electrical outlets up high for holiday lights!





The biggest update of the week is that we had carpet installed in the master bedroom!!! This means that we are working our way to living in our new bedroom! We intend to have baby sleep in the same room with us for the first weeks or months in a bassinet, so it is important to me that we be able to move into the bigger bedroom before baby comes. We just need to get a vanity, a closet system, and window dressings going and then we can move in.
Charlie absolutely loves the new carpet!
We made a huge trip to Ikea yesterday, but unfortunately they did not have everything we needed in stock, so we will be back next week too. I don't know what it is about me....I seem to have the patience of a thousand souls when it comes to working with children (and even their families), yet when it comes to putting together Ikea furniture, I can't help but cry at the first frustration! Thank goodness Phil was able to help me yesterday to get started. For some reason when I used the online planning tool for their closet system, it didn't register my measurement for the ceiling height, so Phil had to make some adjustments. Thank goodness he is so handy! Usually I just have to battle through my mental disadvantage when it comes to assembling ikea things, but being 8 months pregnant gives me a physical disadvantage too and we were working on assembly on the hottest day in Seattle all year! Let's just say there was a little blood, sweat, and tears involved. Ok...not so much blood, but you get the picture. Just trying to get up and down to pass Phil his tools in yesterday's heat and with my big belly was challenging enough! Ha! But....I'm not complaining!
A little modification for our Ikea closet system
More to tackle this week:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What inspires you? What annoys you? What gets under your skin? Let's converse here...it all begins with a comment.