Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I've been hiding a secret about the remodel...


We are are planning to decorate our office a bit differently after the whole front area gets taped and mudded.
With all of the talk about planning ahead for our kids, we got a little carried away and now have a deadline of September 8th for the remodel and the arrival of Baby Vrbas!

We found out right away in early January and it just happened that my dad was going to be in town on business. I didn't want to waste a face to face opportunity to tell our parents the good news, so I convinced my mom to fly up at the last minute to help me with a sewing project. We spent almost two whole days together sewing a big bag to be used as Krista's diaper bag and I kept the news to myself! Then that Saturday night on Martin Luther King weekend, we went to The Loft in Edmonds for dinner with Susan and both my parents. I made little thank you cards for each of them. We said that we wanted to thank them all for helping us with our remodel and since I had ordered a glass of wine with dinner as a decoy, they didn't see the real reason for the card! The inside of the card said, "Thanks for being my gramma (gramma and papa)! See you in September! Love, Baby Vrbas" Susan was tearing up, my mom was grinning ear to ear, and my dad says, "Is this a joke?!" haha. He was happy too and now they are all ready and excited to become grandparents.
Sharing the good news with the Grandparents to be!

 We had to call our siblings to tell them, but they were all very excited (and some of them a bit surprised!) to hear they are becoming Aunties and Uncles. We waited to share the news with everyone else because we had a trip to see most of my dad's side of the family at my cousin Emily's Bat Mitzvah. It was so fun to surprise everyone!
The extended family photo at the Bat Mitzvah. Say cheese! Say Emily's Bat Mitzvah! Say Baby Vrbas!

I love the look of wonder at people's reactions on my face and I love how Katelyn and Phil are laughing because they get it. Only Brian looks like he heard something interesting! It took a while for the message to click with everyone!

I have been so lucky since I have not gotten sick at all! The first trimester was interesting even without getting sick. I certainly felt dizzy easily in the mornings and felt a bit nauseous here and there. I was extremely tired...that doesn't do it justice. Fatigued, exhausted, and even more. Teaching Kindergarten while being that tired is a different experience. The most interesting part is how strong everything smelled to me...the bad and the good. Now, the second trimester is wonderful and baby is growing slowly, but surely. I am starting to show a bit and am feeling more normal. We shall see what the third trimester holds. Probably more aching feet and back and then some.

Here are some not so flattering photos, but we are trying to track baby's growth!






 Last week was my spring break. I started off at Disneyland and L.A. with just my parents and brother, then headed to San Diego for some father daughter time with my Aunt and cousin, and finally Phil and my mom joined us for a stay at the Catamaran in Mission Beach/PB and one night at the Lodge at Torrey Pines before a longer than normal drive back to the Bay Area. After seeing my high school best friend marry a great guy in SF and after celebrating my mom's birthday, we headed back home. 

Lodge at Torrey Pines, where mommy & daddy met

had to stop by my alma mater for a gift for baby!

Today we had a big day! We got to see our third ultrasound, but this was the big one! The technician measured baby's brain, heart beat, kidneys, individual bone length, and more. Then after maybe twenty minutes, there it was! A little weenie! I was shell shocked! I had had four dreams about my baby girl and not one about it being a boy. So many people also thought it was a girl, so I was mentally ready for a girl. Of course I don't care either way and we are so excited, but it's taken a lot of quiet think time and digesting that we are having a boy!!! We are close to settling on a name, so stay tuned!





On another note, Phil finished the hardwood floor install, the cabinets for the island arrived, and we have started looking for tile for the master bath!













5 comments:

  1. I'm ready to take baby Vrbas to 49ers, Sharks and Giants games and of course; Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I just love this post! I'm so excited for Phil & you!!! Glad you had such a fun time in California!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! Oh Baby Vrbas You are one lucky little guy --- your Mommy and Daddy are AWESOME! I can't wait to meet you :) Ali, you look so CUTE I hope you keep posting baby bump pictures!!! Glad to hear you've been feeling good overall. I totally understand that pure exhaustion! I feel it from teaching K NOT PREGO so I can't imagine how bad it is pregnant--OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie and JeffApril 18, 2012 at 10:49 PM

    We are so excited for you and Phil. You look great and so does the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy and excited!!! We love the three of you (ok, four including Charlie) and can't wait to meet our nephew! :)

    Love,
    Uncle Ben and Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete

Give me some blog love! What did you think while reading this post? Leave a comment here!