Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Re-Organizing our Zone of Chaos (plus SNOW!)

I have been getting very easily frustrated with the chaos that our living situation has become. While I still know that we are very lucky to be able to do this project and eat out and even to have access to microwaveable food, I can't help but get annoyed. Mostly, I am a pretty organized person and this remodel hasn't allowed me to keep tidy and organized. To try to satisfy that need, I began reorganizing my classroom the other day, which definitely helped. Since I did have a mini breakdown the other day regarding lost pots and pans (which ended up being right here in the house and not in the piles of boxes in the garage that I searched through), I decided that I would find a way to try to re-organize our "pantry" stuff in the living room. Thanks to a shipment of new Tupperware containers from my mom and to Stephanie's help, we sorted many pantry items such as our sugars and flours into containers and started from scratch placing most used items on the top shelf to infrequent or bulky items on the bottom. We stored away many less used baking items into our media center (since we were not watching movies or playing board games, I boxed them up and sent them to the garage). Here are some highlights from the weekend:
beginning of the organization frenzy
organized products


We can cook on a stove again!
Last week we got to see baby Isaac again...I can't not include this photo since he is too cute!

This weekend my parents were in town & my mom helped me sew. More on our project soon.

And....it snowed this weekend! Our remodel looks like a winter wonderland!


1 comment:

  1. I think this post is a real insight into your life and it was more than fun being with you and Phil. Also, after being in Seattle for the past few days, I really value the warm weather in the Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete

Give me some blog love! What did you think while reading this post? Leave a comment here!