Thursday, November 24, 2011

So very thankful

This year I have a very new outlook on what it means to be thankful. This year I am thankful for things I never had to even think about before. Like for starters....I am really super thankful for the roof over my head every night. I am thankful for electricity and heat (and have learned to appreciate them so much more). I am thankful for our parents and relatives who have been so supportive during this whole process (and of course in general). Here are some other things I'm thankful for this year:
  • Being able to talk to my mom or dad or both on the phone almost every day
  • Having long meaningful conversations with my mother-in-law (also thankful for the fact that we really get along!)
  • Knowing my brother is in good hands with his super amazing DIY/baker/chef wife!
  • a brother and sister in law that are both so loving & share my sense of adventure
  • the opportunity to plan ahead for our future
  • my job (having one) 
  • doing the same grade level
  • the brand new school building that I get to work in every day (check out this link...
  • the students that I interact with in my class and in the whole school 
  • the families that I get to know each year through my work
  • a husband who is loving, supportive, amazingly intellectual, challenges me, betters me, and also is pretty damn patient. I am also newly thankful for his amazing talents as an electrician and all around DIY guy!
  • having food to eat (and amazing choices at that; avocados, guacamole, mexican food, pasta, salad, cereal, chai teas, and so much more!)
  • beautiful sunrises and sunsets
  • an amazing doggy that keeps me company and snuggles me up and entertains me
  • friends that take the extra time to keep in touch 
  • good neighbors (especially Cricket whose yard is a mess thanks to us & the new neighbors Lisa & Aaron for hosting us to a dinner a day after meeting us!)
  • a supportive group of colleagues in my UW writing program
  • cameras and their technology, allowing me to document life 
I could go on and on.
I just asked Phil what he is thankful for. It went like this:
House, Charlie, you, job, that's it....family, friends
Remember....he's more nature than nurture :-)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. i was just thinking of what i was thankful for this year and only came up with a few things, but your list really got me thinking that i have a lot more to be thankful for than i thought. so thanks for this wonderful post, and hope you have a great Thanksgiving with the family, love and miss you:)

    ReplyDelete

Give me some blog love! What did you think while reading this post? Leave a comment here!