Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Day, Another Demo

I know I keep saying this, but I just am so amazed at what gets accomplished around here in one day! The guys were back at it again today adding more framing for our breakfast nook bump out, cantilevered bay window, and raised floor for the old mud room. Phil was at it again on demo. Today he demoed almost the whole rest of the kitchen. He tore down the wall separating the kitchen and living room, tore down the wall that used to separate our kitchen from the backyard above the dishwasher, and he removed the rest of the appliances and cabinets (with the exception of our sink. He framed a temporary way to keep the sink in place). It is definitely cold in here and now life is getting a bit difficult for using and washing our dishes, but I'm not complaining. I feel so lucky to be able to be doing this that I am enjoying every step of the way (especially since I don't have to do any of the hard labor yet...I know that is coming not that far down the road, so I'm going to soak up having actual construction guys here doing all the work!).
view from backyard of our soon to be kitchen with window above new sink (the bump out to the left will have windows on both sides too & will be the kitchen seating...nook)

view of nook from inside with spot for backdoor

appliance graveyard. J/k. Some of these will be able to be used again in a temporary way soon

Phil's demo work. Bye bye old kitchen! Bye bye old walls!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The kitchen looks so bare! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete

What inspires you? What annoys you? What gets under your skin? Let's converse here...it all begins with a comment.