Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Weekend: Part 2

Who said remodel's are all work and no play? Luckily that is not the case in this phase of our project. We had enough time to notice the little things around the Sound, like mushrooms sprouting up like crazy, leaves changing colors and falling, the sunshine peeking through the clouds in just the right way, and we finally took it upon ourselves to check out a couple of Seattle's breweries with my in-laws, Cassie & Andrew.
Elysian in Capital Hill was ok...the nachos were not that good, the waitress was super slow, and yet the beers still tasted yummy. Fremont Brewing Company on the other hand, was awesome. Such a cool location and atmosphere with lots of yummy beers and free pretzels. On the way home we stopped by the Ballard locks, but realized that the salmon stopped running a few weeks ago.
perfectly fallen leaf with Seattle dew drops on our collection of pumpkins and sqaush

the bits of sunlight poking through perfectly onto our front landscaping

never noticed the seeds on our Japanese maple out front

Andrew with new style: At Elysian Brewery

My thinker: Elysian Brewery in Capital Hill

Isn't my sister-in-law the cutest!?

That's more like it! Tasting at Fremont Brewery


Nothing like a hipster on a keg seat...

Ballard Locks

The best surprise was that today I found my old throw back 9ers jacket that I've been searching for, for almost 2 years! So excited! And I get to bust it out in two months for the Seahawks Niners game here!

As if my awesome jacket wasn't enough, the guy threw in a pack of Yo MTV trading cards! haha. I can't decide if I should open them to see who is inside or keep them closed as a collectors item. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. The 49ers classic jacket from the 70's looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete

Give me some blog love! What did you think while reading this post? Leave a comment here!