Monday, October 3, 2011

My Challenging Life Goals

Living in the Pacific Northwest is so inspiring. I meet amazing people each day and read about them in books and in the paper. It seems as though every amazing book I read lately is by an author from the Seattle area (Jon Krakauer, Timothy Egan, etc.). When I moved here I also created a list of life goals that I have, which is also a work in progress. A few I have already checked off my list, most will be there for a while, and some may never get checked off, but I will still work towards them!
Backpacking more than 15 miles

Learning to golf..It may not look like it, but I did...honest!

Spelunk Moaning Caves!

Run in a 1/2 marathon

Take a professional photography class...Participating in the Mountaineers Photography Program
  • Climb Mt. Rainier (to the summit)
  • Ride a scooter
  • Ride a motorcycle
  • Get a tattoo (hey...no complaints, I could do it like my mentor, Jerri Fujimoto, and get it for my 50th birthday)
  • Hike the Wonderland Trail
  • Hike Halfdome
  • Snowboard in Switzerland
  • Girls trip to Vegas
  • Hike the Incan Trail
  • Cook a gourmet meal
  • Ride a horse for a few days on a packing trip
  • Travel to New Zealand
  • Ride a snowmobile
  • Enter a photography contest
  • Publish a personal narrative book for young adults
  • Drive cross country visiting national parks

No comments:

Post a Comment

What inspires you? What annoys you? What gets under your skin? Let's converse here...it all begins with a comment.