Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Thoughts


Comfy Sweats
Living in Seattle can be kind of cloudy, misty, rainy, and gray on occasion. In order to avoid SAD (seasonal affective disorder...aka...not enough sunshine), Phil and I put ourselves on a daily routine of Vitamin D and blue light therapy. While this helps, it's more our nightly walks with our dog, Charlie, regardless of the weather and my list of happy thoughts that helps the most. I began this list when I first moved to Seattle to remind me of all the good in my life and to spark a sense of euphoria on dreary days. Here is most of my list, although, it is always a work in progress. 
Cookie Dough

staring into a fire

Guacamole

happy hour

Horchata

ice cream

camping

dressing up

P.D.A.;s


Kenny Chesney

Jon Krakauer books

Mexican food

Mt. Rainier

Double whammy: Pearl Jam & avocados!

popcorn (no butter! With Parmesan or rosemary with sea salt)

snowboarding in powder

pumpkin spice

Real Sangria...the kind you get in Spain and can't find anywhere in the U.S.!

Semester at Sea

My cabin in Twain Harte

Chai Latte's
Vanilla Coke
  • Being with Phil anywhere
  • Not being a first year teacher
  • Great friends
  • D.I.Y. projects
  • Photography
  • Seattle
  • West Seattle
  • Alki beach
  • Barcelona
  • Smell of Coconut
  • Plumeria
  • My brother's laughter after he tells a cheesy joke
  • My husband's smile
  • Mi Chamocha (the Cantor Ellen way)
  • Country radio
  • Liberty Lake Albertsons
  • Hay J's 
  • Pac Bell & Candlestick Parks
  • Running
  • Sunshine
  • Helping a child
  • A great haircut
  • Susan's cooking/baking
  • Charlie laying his head in my neck

No comments:

Post a Comment

What inspires you? What annoys you? What gets under your skin? Let's converse here...it all begins with a comment.